Russell Electric Co. C-9
Get a print!
|Manufacturer:||Russell Electric Co.|
SERVICE AND ADJUSTMENT NOTES
1. TONE ARM, ACTION NOT FREE
(a) Bent detent lever assembly (12).
(b) Pin 36 must follow course of heavy dotted line in view of bot. tom of gear. (See fig. 4).
(c) Tone arm lead too tight.
2. TONE ARM, FAILURE TO SET DOWN PROPERLY.
(a) After completing cycle adjust lift pin screw (37) for correct height of tone arm. Bottom of tone arm should be even with top of turntable.
(b) Bent tone arm lift lever. (This lever holds screw 37).
3. TONE ARM DROPS TOO FAR IN OR MISSES RECORD.
(a) Minor adjustment - Thru hole in base plate near pickup arm post. Turn screw very slightly to right or left.
(b) Major adjustment - Loosen lock screw 38 and slip tone arm bracket to compensate.
4. CLICKING NOISE.
(a) Missing ball retainer assembly (11).
5. FAILURE TO TRIP.
(a) Adjust screw on detent lever assembly (12).
(b) Bent or loose positive tripping lever (14), or tripping lever assembly (15).
(c) Defective or missing springs (16) or (17).
6. CYCLES TOO SOON OR CONTINUOUSLY.
(a) Weak spring (16).
7. RECORD JAMS BETWEEN SHELF AND SPINDLE.
(a) Bent spindle (4).
8. RECORD FAILS TO DROP FROM SHELF.
(a) Check spring 22.
9. STALLS WHEN REJECTING RECORD
(a) Adjust idler wheel on changer drive assembly to make better contact with drum.
10. TURNTABLE SPEED SLOW OR IRREGULAR.
(a) Same as No. 9 above.
11. JERKY ACTION DURING CYCLE.
(a) Same as No. 9.
TABLE OF REPLACEABLE PARTS