Russell Electric Co. C-10M
Get a print!
|Manufacturer:||Russell Electric Co.|
SERVICE AND ADJUSTMENT NOTES
1. TONE ARM, ACTION NOT FREE
(a) Bent detent lever assembly (18).
(b) Pin 20 must follow course of heavy dotted line in view of bot tom of gear. (See fig.4.). Pin must not be on other side of ridge.
(c) Tone arm lead too tight.
2. TONE ARM, FAILURE TO SET DOWN PROPERLY.
(a) After completing cycle adjust lift pin screw (37) for correct height of tone arm. Bottom of tone arm should be even with top of turntable.
(b) Bent tone arm lift lever. (This lever holds screw 37).
3. TONE ARM DROPS TOO FAR IN OR MISSES RECORD.
(a) Minor adjustment - Thru hole (5) in base plate near pickup arm post. Turn screw very slightly to right or left.
(b) Major adjustment - Loosen lock screw 38 and slip one bracket to compensate.
4. CLICKING NOISE.
(a) Missing bail retainer assembly (11).
5. FAILURE TO TRIP.
(a) Adjust screw on detent lever assembly (18).
(b) Bent or loose positive tripping lever (15); or tripping lever assembly (21).
(c) Defective or missing springs (22) or (23).
6. CYCLES TOO SOON OR CONTINUOUSLY.
(a) Weak spring (22).
7. RECORD JAMS BETWEEN SHELF AND SPINDLE.
(a) Bent spindle (4).
8. RECORD FAILS TO DROP FROM SHELF.
(a) Check spring (42).
9. STALLS WHEN REJECTING RECORD.
(a) Adjust idler wheel on changer drive assembly to make better contact with drum.
10. TURNTABLE SPEED SLOW OR IRREGULAR.
(a) Same as No. 9 above.
11. JERKY ACTION DURING CYCLE.
(a) Same as No.
12. NO AUTOMATIC SHUT - OFF, OR FAILS TO PLAY LAST RECORD.
Broken spring No. 36. Bent rod No. 39 sticking automatic shut off pin or hinge (41).
13. ADJUSTMENT (For C-10 Only)
If changer jams after last record is played, bend lever No. (33) about 10/1000 of an inch in direction of switch.