Speakers & Components
Speakers. The last opportunity to modify your tone. Unlike hi-fi speakers which attempt to create sounds that are true to the musical source fed them, guitar speakers impart their own tone. Your amp/cabinet pretty much determines three things about what speaker to select; speaker size, impedance and power rating. (See our tech corner article on Speaker Impedance, Power Handling and Wiring). But the tone is up to you! Speaker replacement is probably the easiest mod you can perform.
CelestionFounded in 1924, Celestion has grown to become one of the world's largest manufacturers of loudspeakers.
Speaker - Celestion, 2", CDX20-3000, 75W
Special Order ItemSpeaker, Celestion, CDX20-3000, 2 in. Features:
- 2" exit, neodymium magnet, 3" voice coil compression driver provides 75Wrms (AES standard) power handling and 107dB sensitivity
- Patented phase plug design method suppresses cavity resonances at higher frequencies
- Titanium diaphragm, deep drawn to increase stiffness and reduce distortion
- Lower compression ratio reduces air non-linearity and allows for higher maximum SPL
- Rolled polyimide surround improves stiffness control, further lowering distortion
- Curved coherent wavefront, optimised for horn loading