Speakers & Components
Speakers. The last opportunity to modify your tone. Unlike hi-fi speakers which attempt to create sounds that are true to the musical source fed them, guitar speakers impart their own tone. Your amp/cabinet pretty much determines three things about what speaker to select; speaker size, impedance and power rating. (See our tech corner article on Speaker Impedance, Power Handling and Wiring). But the tone is up to you! Speaker replacement is probably the easiest mod you can perform.
CelestionFounded in 1924, Celestion has grown to become one of the world's largest manufacturers of loudspeakers.
Speaker - Celestion, 12", G12 Ruby, 35W
The Celestion Ruby is vintage voiced alnico speaker that straddles the classic chime of the Blue and celebrated warmth of the modern Cream. The Ruby features a rich and musical frequency response with smooth, airy highs and a nuanced midrange with the natural bite found only in a vintage alnico speaker. This versatile 35 watt speaker is an excellent choice for a 4x12 cabinet and really shines in a single 12” cabinet or combo amp. The Celestion Ruby offers guitar players the ability to discover new tones within the spectrum of vintage sound.
Speaker - Celestion, 3.5", AN3510 Compact Array, 35 watts
Special Order ItemSpeaker, Celestion, AN3510 Compact Array, 3.5 in., 8 ohm Features:
- Compact and lightweight, full-range neodymium loudspeakers
- Advanced Finite Element Analysis techniques used for acoustic, mechanical and electromagnetic modelling
- Ideal for applications such as portable line arrays where actively controlled wavefront (beam steering) is used
- Delivers wider dispersion to higher frequencies than many equivalent compact, full-range drivers on the market
- Chassis purpose-designed for maximum free air movement, with square mounting frame to facilitate close coupling of multiple units
- Stiff and light aluminium cone remains rigid to higher frequencies, delivering a smoother response in the critical listening band
- Half roll elastomer surround provides damping for unwanted resonances and sustained centring control at extremes of excursion
- Designed to be weather resistant for outdoor applications