Speakers & Components
Speakers. The last opportunity to modify your tone. Unlike hi-fi speakers which attempt to create sounds that are true to the musical source fed them, guitar speakers impart their own tone. Your amp/cabinet pretty much determines three things about what speaker to select; speaker size, impedance and power rating. (See our tech corner article on Speaker Impedance, Power Handling and Wiring). But the tone is up to you! Speaker replacement is probably the easiest mod you can perform.
Speaker - Celestion, 18", CF1830E, 700 watts
Special Order ItemSpeaker, Celestion, CF1830E, 18 in., 8 ohm Features:
- 18" ferrite magnet, cast aluminium chassis LF driver delivering 700Wrms (AES Standard) power handling and 94dB sensitivity
- 3" high temperature, multi-layer voice coil for greater motor force
- FEA optimized magnet assembly and suspension deliver highly symmetrical cone movement, leading to exceptionally low harmonic distortion
- Balanced Airflow Venting (BAV) on the front-plate increases airflow to provide enhanced cooling
- Dual Magnet Motor (DMM) incorporates a secondary magnet used to increase overall motor force (Bl) without the need for any additional increase in magnet size
- “Multi-roll” surround provides exceptional linearity at extremes of cone excursion
Speaker - Peavey, 18", Black Widow 1801-8 LT BW, 700W, 8Ω
Special Order ItemThe 1801 is an 8 ohm, 18" Black Widow/Super Structure speaker which offers the ultimate in deep, extended, bass response while maintaining a high sensitivity and high power capability. This is the woofer of choice for discos subwoofers, special effects, or anywhere low end punch and impact are a must! A long throw voice coil and Kevlar impregnated cone team up for excellent linearity.
Out of Stock