Speakers & Components
Speakers. The last opportunity to modify your tone. Unlike hi-fi speakers which attempt to create sounds that are true to the musical source fed them, guitar speakers impart their own tone. Your amp/cabinet pretty much determines three things about what speaker to select; speaker size, impedance and power rating. (See our tech corner article on Speaker Impedance, Power Handling and Wiring). But the tone is up to you! Speaker replacement is probably the easiest mod you can perform.
CelestionFounded in 1924, Celestion has grown to become one of the world's largest manufacturers of loudspeakers.
Speaker - Celestion, 12", FTR12-3070C, 350W, 8Ω
Special Order ItemFerrite magnet cast aluminium chassis driver
Speaker - Celestion, 12", T.F. Series 1230, 350 watts
Special Order ItemSpeaker, Celestion, TF1230, 12 in., 8 ohm Features:
- 12" Bass driver providing 94dB sensitivity and 350Wrms (AES standard) power handling
- 3" high temperature copper voice coil wound on polyimide for increased reliability
- Kevlar-loaded cone with sealed surround and damping for reduced distortion.
- Double roll surround for greater excursion control
- Vented magnet assembly for enhanced cooling
- For use in 2-way or compact 3-way systems
Speaker - Celestion, 12", NTR12-3018D, 350W, 8Ω
Special Order ItemSpeaker, Celestion, NTR12-3018D, 12", 8 ohm.