Speakers & Components
Speakers. The last opportunity to modify your tone. Unlike hi-fi speakers which attempt to create sounds that are true to the musical source fed them, guitar speakers impart their own tone. Your amp/cabinet pretty much determines three things about what speaker to select; speaker size, impedance and power rating. (See our tech corner article on Speaker Impedance, Power Handling and Wiring). But the tone is up to you! Speaker replacement is probably the easiest mod you can perform.
CelestionFounded in 1924, Celestion has grown to become one of the world's largest manufacturers of loudspeakers.
Speaker - Celestion, 15", T.F. Series 1530, 400W, 8Ω
Special Order ItemThe 1530 is a high performance bass and mid range driver. It has a large magnet, resulting in a high BI product, with high sensitivity and power handling.
Speaker - Celestion, 15", T.F. Series 1530e, 400 watts
Special Order ItemSpeaker, Celestion, TF1530e, 15 in., 8 ohm Features:
- 15" driver provides extended low frequency range
- 3" edgewound voice coil enables 98dB efficiency and 400Wrms (AES standard) power handling
- Vented magnet assembly for enhanced cooling
- Kevlar-loaded cone with sealed surround and damping for reduced distortion
- Special consideration is paid to materials and construction to deliver maximum reliability
- Suitable for use in 2-way and 3-way systems