Speakers & Components
Speakers. The last opportunity to modify your tone. Unlike hi-fi speakers which attempt to create sounds that are true to the musical source fed them, guitar speakers impart their own tone. Your amp/cabinet pretty much determines three things about what speaker to select; speaker size, impedance and power rating. (See our tech corner article on Speaker Impedance, Power Handling and Wiring). But the tone is up to you! Speaker replacement is probably the easiest mod you can perform.
CelestionFounded in 1924, Celestion has grown to become one of the world's largest manufacturers of loudspeakers.
Speaker - Celestion, 18", CF18VJD, 1600 watts
Special Order ItemSpeaker, Celestion, CF18VJD, 18 in., 8 ohm Features:
- 18" ferrite magnet, cast aluminium chassis LF driver delivering 1600Wrms (AES Standard) power handling and 97dB sensitivity
- 5" high temperature, dual layer, Inside/Outside voice coil for higher efficiency, preventing sensitivity loss through thermal compression
- FEA optimized magnet assembly and suspension deliver highly symmetrical cone movement, leading to exceptionally low harmonic distortion
- Vented front plate increases airflow to provide enhanced cooling
- Twin demodulation rings reduce flux modulation, minimizing electromagnetic distortion
- Double suspension and "multi-roll" surround provide exceptional linearity at extremes of cone excursion