Speakers & Components
Speakers. The last opportunity to modify your tone. Unlike hi-fi speakers which attempt to create sounds that are true to the musical source fed them, guitar speakers impart their own tone. Your amp/cabinet pretty much determines three things about what speaker to select; speaker size, impedance and power rating. (See our tech corner article on Speaker Impedance, Power Handling and Wiring). But the tone is up to you! Speaker replacement is probably the easiest mod you can perform.
CelestionFounded in 1924, Celestion has grown to become one of the world's largest manufacturers of loudspeakers.
Speaker - Celestion, 10", T.F. Series 1020, 150W 8Ω
The 1020 is a bass and mid range driver with a high sensitivity. It is ideally suited to compact enclosures and high pass systems.
Speaker - Celestion, 10", T.F. Series 1018, 100 watts
Special Order ItemSpeaker, Celestion, TF1018, 10 in., 8 ohm Features:
- 10" driver providing 96dB sensitivity and 100Wrms (AES standard) power handling
- 1.75" high temperature copper voice coil wound on polyimide for increased reliability
- Superior bass and mid-range performance
- Rigid chassis design for maximum energy transfer
- Excellent price/performance ratio