Speakers & Components
Speakers. The last opportunity to modify your tone. Unlike hi-fi speakers which attempt to create sounds that are true to the musical source fed them, guitar speakers impart their own tone. Your amp/cabinet pretty much determines three things about what speaker to select; speaker size, impedance and power rating. (See our tech corner article on Speaker Impedance, Power Handling and Wiring). But the tone is up to you! Speaker replacement is probably the easiest mod you can perform.
Speaker - Eminence® American, 6", Alpha 6, 100W, 8 Ω
American Standard Series 6" speaker. Recommended for professional audio mid-range applications in a sealed cabinet, or as a mid-bass in a vented satellite enclosure.
Speaker - Celestion, 6", T.F. Series 0615, 100 watts
Special Order ItemSpeaker, Celestion, TF0615, 6 in., 8 ohm Features:
- 6" mid-range driver providing 95dB sensitivity and 100Wrms (AES standard) power handling
- 1.5" high temperature copper voice coil wound on polyimide former for increased reliability
- Rigid chassis design for maximum energy transfer
- Vented magnet assembly for enhanced cooling
- Achieves optimal performance in compact enclosures
- Ideal for 2-way systems