Soldering iron station - Weller, WE 1010, 70W, digital display
The Weller WE1010 is an excellent soldering station for professional use and beginner hobbyists alike. With increased power and stability, the WE1010 is an upgrade in many ways for users of the WES51 and WTCPT soldering stations. WES51 users can also use their ET Series tips with this station.
- WE1 station 120V
- WEP70 soldering iron 70 W, 23 V
- PH70 safety rest
- Cleaning sponge for WEP 70 safety rest
- ETA tip 0.062” / 1.6 MM screwdriver
- You can use a range of tips in the ET series tips family for the WE 1010, including ETH, ETK and ETO tips in a variety of sizes. This range allows you to get the job done, and the long life of the tips helps to keep costs low. We recommend using genuine Weller ET series tips.
- 70W power station: WE1010NA features a 70-watt (W) power station that gives you the power you need to consistently produce high-quality results. The power station is 40 percent more powerful than the WES / WESD station, making it a substantial upgrade. This increased power heats up the iron faster and also provides faster recovery time, which enables you to work more efficiently and precisely.
- 70W soldering iron: The other primary component of WE 1010 is the 70 Watt soldering iron. This powerful tool is capable of reaching high temperatures but is also lightweight, allowing for increased control over your work. It's designed in the soldering pencil style and enables highly precise soldering.
- Toolless tip change: The soldering iron also makes it easy to change tips. You don't even need any additional tools to do so. You can quickly change out hot tips by turning the plastic knurled nut located on the soldering pencil by hand. This process further increases efficiency and can reduce the time it takes to complete a job.
- Ergonomic handle: The WE 1010 soldering iron features an ergonomic handle designed for more comfortable handling, less hand fatigue and increased precision.
- ET tip family: The 70W soldering iron works with ET soldering tips and gives you a wide range of tips to choose from. ET tips have a long life, which reduces the total cost of ownership for WE1010NA. Over time, this soldering station could even pay for itself through decreased costs for tips and maintenance.
- Digital LCD screen: The power station features an easily readable digital LCD screen that allows you to monitor your preset levels and adjust the operation of your soldering station. The station's intuitive navigation via this screen makes the setup easy to use.
- Front power switch: The power switch is conveniently located directly on the front of the power station unit, making it easy to quickly start up the WE 1010 and shut it down as needed.
- Temperature stability and lock: The WE 1010 has excellent temperature stability. The temperature lock feature works to stabilize heat levels and prevent them from wavering. It keeps temperatures at plus or minus 10 degrees Fahrenheit or six degrees Celsius of the intended temperature. This enhanced soldering temperature control helps you to create consistent, high-quality solder joints. Having more stable temperatures also helps to protect your components and tips so that they last longer. This temperature assurance enables reliable, repeatable solder results.
- Standby mode and auto setback: This product also includes a standby mode and auto setback feature that helps protect your equipment. When not in use, the WE 1010 can automatically turn down to a given temperature. This feature saves energy and increases the lifetime of your tips, both of which can reduce your costs. Plus, once you set the heat level you want, you don't have to take any action to achieve these savings. You can also adjust the time it takes for the device to go into standby mode — from one to 99 minutes.
- Password protection: You also have the option of using a password to protect all of your settings. This capability helps you ensure that your settings stay the way you want them and helps you to produce consistent, quality results.
- Menu control buttons: WE1010NA is easy to use, thanks in part to its intuitive menu control buttons. The unit features three push buttons. By pressing the menu button, you can scroll through the unit's features and then use the up and down arrows to select your settings. You can use these controls to change the temperature of the adjustable soldering time, choose the time it takes to enter standby mode, lock or unlock the device and more.
- Reinforced safety rest: This product also features a new, reinforced safety rest for securely storing the iron when it's not in use. The safety rest provides extra stability and improves worksite safety by securing the iron in place.
- Heat-resistant silicon cable: The WE 1010 comes with a heat-resistant silicon cable that connects the soldering iron to the power station. This cable meets the highest industry standards for mechanical strength and ability to handle overload and stress.
- Safety certifications: The station, iron and cable are all electrostatic discharge (ESD) safe. The station and iron have passed UL and CE inspections and received a Certificate of Compliance for electrical safety.
- Power: With the WE1010NA digital soldering station, you'll have exceptional power to get the job done fast. As the most powerful soldering station in its class, the 120V, 70W power station helps you work efficiently, reliably and precisely. With 40 percent more power than the WES / WESD station, the WEP 70 soldering iron heats up faster and has a shorter recovery time, which helps you produce high-quality results and get more done every time.
- Ease of use: The WE 1010 is extraordinarily user-friendly. The controls are designed to be intuitive, and the iron features an ergonomic design that's easier to control. The power station features an easy-to-read LCD screen, three push buttons and a power switch on the front of the unit. The iron is lightweight and features a pencil design that makes for comfort and easy maneuvering.
- Precision: When you use this product, you'll be able to more easily deliver consistently high-quality results. The smooth handling and control that the WEP 70 soldering iron offers and its user-friendly controls contribute to this quality. The excellent temperature stability and accuracy of the unit have a significant impact as well. Additionally, you can use a range of tips and temperatures to reliably get the exact results you need.
- Safety: WE1010NA has numerous features that will reduce potential hazards throughout your workday. It features a reinforced safety rest that provides extra stability when storing the iron between uses. The cables of the iron are also heat-resistant and meet industry standards for mechanical strength. The unit is also ESD safe and UL and CE certified for electrical safety.
- Cost efficiency: Despite having all of these incredible features, the WE 1010 is an extremely cost-effective tool. It's an affordable soldering iron overall and also contains elements meant to help you save money as you use it. The ET tips that the iron uses have an extremely long life, which significantly reduces operational costs. It also has a standby mode that the iron automatically enters into when not in use, which helps reduce energy use and further extend the life of your tips.