¼" Plug - Lava, Low Profile, Solder, Straight
High quality made in USA ¼” plugs from Lava Cable. This straight plug features an ultra low profile and a unique soldered connection that provides a quicker assembly than standard soldered connectors. The insulation system used in the plugs ensures a solid connection that is nearly impossible to short
Lava Soldered Straight Connectors are the smallest profile soldered plugs on the market today at only .405” in width and .515” in outer diameter. Soldering is easy with just one small solder point. Included insulators prevent shorting.
- Slide the end cap over a 0.195” OD cable with the larger threaded opening facing the end that will be soldered.
- Strip 0.75” of the outside jacket from the end of the instrument cable.
- Feed the stripped end including the shield braid through the large black plastic insulator tube. The beveled end of the plastic tube will face the end that will be soldered.
- Fold the shield braid back and flushly spread it over the large plastic insulator.
- Strip ⅛” of the inside insulator from the cable. If the cable has a conductive layer on the inner insulator be sure to strip this away at least ¼” from the inner copper conductor.
- Solder the end of the cable to the small cup on the small metal connector. The side to be soldered looks like a cross section of a tube.
- Slide the small plastic insulator tube over the metal end until it reaches the larger plastic tube. This tube will only fit when oriented correctly. The tip of the metal connector will slightly poke through the other end of the small tube.
- Slide the open end of the ¼” plug end over the small plastic tube. When fully inserted, it will lightly snap into place.
- Slide the end cap up the cable and line it up with the threads on the ¼” plug.
- Hold the cap in place and thread the ¼” end onto the cap.
|End Length||0.405 in.|
|Packaging Dimensions||1.611 in. × 0.981 in. × 0.365 in.|
|Weight (Packaging)||0.024 lbs.|