¼" Plug - Lava, Low Profile, Solder, Right Angle
High quality made in USA ¼” plugs from Lava Cable. This right angle plug features an ultra low profile and a unique soldered connection that provides a quicker assembly than standard soldered connectors. The insulation system used in the plugs ensures a solid connection that is nearly impossible to short.
Lava Soldered Right Angle Connectors are the smallest profile soldered plugs on the market today at only .405” in width and .515” in outer diameter. Soldering is easy with just one small solder point. Included insulators prevent shorting.
- Strip 0.75” of the outside jacket from the end of the instrument cable.
- Feed the stripped end including the shield braid through the large black plastic insulator tube. The U-shaped cutout should face away from the end that will be soldered.
- Fold the shield braid back and flushly spread it over the large plastic insulator.
- Strip ⅛” of the inside insulator from the cable. If the cable has a conductive layer on the inner insulator be sure to strip this away at least ¼” from the inner copper conductor.
- Solder the end of the cable to the cup on the small metal connector. The side to be soldered looks like a cross section of a tube.
- Slide the small plastic insulator tube over the metal end until it reaches the larger plastic tube. This tube will only fit when oriented correctly. The tip of the metal connector will slightly poke through the other end of the small tube.
- Slide the open end of the ¼” plug end over the small plastic tube. When fully inserted, it will lightly snap into place.
- Fold the cable over into the U-shaped cutout slot of the large plastic insulator tube.
- Line up the end cap with the ¼” plug. The folded cable will fit into the cutout of the cap.
- Hold the cap in place and thread the ¼” end onto the cap.
|End Length||0.405 in.|
|Packaging Dimensions||1.45 in. × 1.135 in. × 0.35 in.|
|Weight (Packaging)||0.022 lbs.|