Effects Pedal – EarthQuaker Devices, Avalanche Run™, Stereo Reverb & Delay with Tap Tempo
The Avalanche Run is a dreamy stereosonic exploratory multi-tool that includes up to 2 seconds of delay time, reverse delay, tap tempo with subdivision control, switchable true bypass or buffered bypass with 5 different tail lengths (including a sound-on-sound style lo-fi looping mode) and an assignable expression control that maps the expression jack to a control of your choice, including the toggle! The delay section allows tweaking from tape emulation to bucket brigade styles with a twist of the wide-range Tone control. The cavernous, plate-style reverb has just a touch of modulation similar to the one found in our precious Dispatch Master only more lush with an adjustable Decay. Otherworldly reverse delay and dynamic swelling reverb settings are accessible through a 3-way toggle switch. And that’s just the beginning...
EQD 9V 1000mA power supply included.
Warning: this product can only be shipped within the United States.
- Time: This controls the delay time and goes from 0ms to just under 2000ms.
- Repeats: Controls the regeneration of the delay, from zero repeats to near infinite.
- Tone: Controls the tone for the delay line only. Roll off highs to the left, roll off lows to the right and get a flat response in the middle.
- Mix: The is the volume control for the delay line. This blends in the wet with dry until 1 o’clock, 1 o’clock to 3 o’clock boosts the wet signal over the dry and 3 o’clock up brings down dry until it is fully wet when all the way up.
- Expression Jack Assign Switch: Use this switch to map the expression jack to one of the assigned controls.
- Decay: Controls the reverb decay length
- R Mix: Controls the reverb mix
- Time: This takes over for the delay time control andis DRASTICALLY different than the interface control. Using the expression pedal to control the time will give you all kinds of wild effects that can not be achieved by turning the knob.
- Repeats: Controls the delay repeats
- D Mix: Controls the delay mix
- Toggle: This takes over for the toggle switch and will cross fade from forward delay in heel down position to reverse delay in toe down position.
- Ratio Selector Switch: Selects delay subdivisions when time is set by the “Tap” switch.
- 1/1: Quarter Note
- 3/4: Dotted 8th
- 2/3: Quarter Note Triplet
- 1/2: 8th Note
- 1/3: 8th Note Triplet
- 1/4: 16th Note
- Decay: Controls the decay length of the reverb, short decay counterclockwise, long cavernous decay clockwise.
- Toggle Switch (Mode Selector)
- Normal: This is the “standard” delay and reverb mode
- Reverse: This is reverse delay mode with “standard” reverb
- Swell: This is the volume swell mode
- Mix: This is the volume control for the reverb. Blends in the wet with dry until 1 O’clock, 1 O’clock to 3 O’clock boosts the wet signal over the dry and 3 O’clock up brings down dry until it is fully wet when all the way up.
Jacks and Signal Path:
To Run Mono: Use the left input and output only.
To Run Stereo: Use both left and right inputs and outputs.
To Run Mono In and Stereo Out: Use the left input and both left and right outputs.
Cool Trick: Plugging into the right input and using the left and right outputs will give you an all-wet left channel and a standard mixed right channel while the effect is engaged. You can create dramatic stereo effects by keeping the Mix set low and turning up the amplifier source connected to the left output. The left output will not pass dry signal when the effect is turned off in true bypass mode but trails mode it will still produce the effected signal as long as it is set to decay.
|Current Draw||410 mA|
|Frequency Response||20 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Input Impedance||1 MΩ|
|Item Height||2.25 in.|
|Item Length||4.65 in.|
|Item Width||4.15 in.|
|Output Impedance||100 Ω|
|Packaging Dimensions||6.5 in. × 5.25 in. × 3.125 in.|
|Weight (Packaging)||1.583 lbs.|