Effects Pedal – EarthQuaker Devices, Afterneath™, Otherworldly Reverberator
The Afterneath sounds a lot like it looks – a wizard in a cave in a box. You are the wizard – or sorceress, if you prefer – and the cave is your instrument’s signal, vast, expansive, and magical. Do you go inside? Roll a D20 to proceed!
Once inside, a reflection of light from an unknown source catches your eye, and you notice a bizarre sheen on the walls of the cave. You timidly inch closer to the walls of the cave. Placing your hand gently on the cavern wall, you feel the rock move. The cave is alive! Alarmed, you emit a loud gasp, which reverberates throughout the subterranean landscape. Upon further listening, it appears as though the reverberations of your voice are in fact a swarm of short digital delays which may be used to create wild and cavernous reverbs, or scattered, short, rhythmic delays with bizarre characteristics.
Warning: this product can only be shipped within the United States.
- Length: Controls the decay length of the reverb.
- Diffuse: Adjusts the spread of the reverb. Sharper with more attack counter clockwise, more ambient and washy as you turn it clockwise.
- Dampen: Clockwise for brighter tones, counter clockwise for darker tones.
- Drag: This digital reverb is made up of a bunch of short delays, this separates the delay lines creating a stuttering, pingy effect. This is the coolest control on the Afterneath; we highly advise slowly turning this while you let notes ring out for a cool warped speed effect. More delay as you turn it counter clockwise, more reverb as you turn it clockwise.
- Reflect: Controls the regeneration of the reverb, turn clockwise for more wash and echos, counterclockwise for less. This will self oscillate if turned up high.
- Mix: Blends the wet signal into the dry. Though it does not actually go full wet, it will gradually lower the clean level as you turn it clockwise and give the appearance of full wet.
Cosmogonic Caverns - Play a chord or note sequence then twirl the Drag dial all the way back to resolve on a fourth.
Floating Pedals - Strike harmonics or 2 note arpeggios to create dancing notes that fail, land, then float away downstream.
Passing Ghosts - I swear there was somebody here, then they just vanished.
Descending Poltergeists - With each note struck, they evoke clusters of necromantic phantoms. Each bring with them a mystery etched deep in your darkest fears.
|Current Draw||74 mA|
|Input Impedance||1 MΩ|
|Item Height||2.25 in.|
|Item Length||4.75 in.|
|Item Width||2.50 in.|
|Output Impedance||500 Ω|
|Packaging Dimensions||5.5 in. × 3.25 in. × 3.125 in.|
|Weight (Packaging)||0.872 lbs.|