Chassis - Fender Style 5E3 Tweed Deluxe
Fender® style narrow panel Tweed Deluxe™(5E3) chassis.
- Chrome plated steel, .06" thick.
- Screened white lettering
- 8-Pin (Octal) socket holes: 3
- 9-Pin (miniature) socket holes: 2
- Chassis Dimensions: 14 ½" x 4 ⅛" x 2 ⅝"
*NOTE*- This chassis has replaced the “ground” switch lettering found on originals with “standby”
Compatible with the following octal sockets:
P-ST8-209MIP can be top mounted using spacers/washers.
- Socket - Belton, Micalex, 8 pin octal, MIP
- Socket - 8 pin octal, Sleeve Connectors, 1" with Bracket
- Socket - 8 pin octal, Fork Connectors, 1" with Bracket
- Socket - 8 Pin Octal, Saddle Plate, Black, Bottom Mount
- Socket - 8 Pin, Phenolic, top mount
- Socket - 8 Pin Octal, Ceramic, with Separate Retaining Ring
- Socket - 8 Pin Octal, Ceramic, top or bottom mount
- Socket - 8 Pin Octal, Saddle Plate, Black, Top Mount
|Item Height||2.625 in.|
|Item Length||14.5 in.|
|Item Width||4.125 in.|
|Packaging Dimensions||14.5 in. × 4.145 in. × 2.65 in.|
|Weight (Packaging)||2.592 lbs.|
My Project Lists
Specifications, Files, and Documents
Questions and Answers
Click each question to see its answers.
1 answers Hi. How is the chrome face panel on this chassis? Many look very poorly finished these days.
Asked by Anonymous on May 17th, 2018.
1 answers What are the dimensions on the PT cutout, or its bolt centers, or both? Thanks
Asked by Anonymous on June 11th, 2018.
1 answers What are the sizes of the holes that the output transformer wires go through? I'm looking for the correct size grommets to use.
Asked by Anonymous on December 29th, 2018.
1 answers Which preamp sockets fit this chassis? Likewise, which rubber grommets?
Asked by Anonymous on May 27th, 2020.
Please see the Specifications, Files, and Documents section to view the chassis dimensions.
1 answers Are the corners welded? Thanks.
Asked by mizewell on October 6th, 2022.
1 answers Do you by any chance drill extra holes? I'm using a Hammond 125DSE output transformer whose holes are spaced out at a large distance than those in this chasis. I'm using it to make a two-stroke with a single output tube.
Asked by Anonymous on April 18th, 2023.
These are good chassis that I've used on several 5E3 builds. Dimensions are perfect and the chrome-plating/ silkscreening on the control panel are clear and solid. The cutout for the PT fits both the Classic Tone and Hammond transformer models for 5E3. Depending on your OT and eyelet board options, you may need to redrill a couple of the holes to position them properly, but this is done simply with a good hand drill or drill press.