Capacitors are passive devices that are used in almost all electrical circuits for rectification, coupling and tuning. Also known as condensers, a capacitor is simply two electrical conductors separated by an insulating layer called a dielectric. The conductors are usually thin layers of aluminum foil, while the dielectric can be made up of many materials including paper, mylar, polypropylene, ceramic, mica, and even air. Electrolytic capacitors have a dielectric of aluminum oxide which is formed through the application of voltage after the capacitor is assembled. Characteristics of different capacitors are determined by not only the material used for the conductors and dielectric, but also by the thickness and physical spacing of the components.
Capacitor - Jupiter, Yellow Vintage Tone Capacitors, Polyester, Axial Lead
Jupiter Yellow Vintage Tone Capacitors Aluminum Foil Mylar 1960's Style Build. Modeled after the Yellow Astron and Blue Molded capacitors used in American amplifiers of the 50’s and 60’s. Made in the USA of US-made materials.
- Tone: Very Creamy Break-up.
- Construction: Polyester/Aluminum Foil/Tape Wrap
- Tolerance: +/-10%
- Operating temperature: -55C - 85C, derate 50% at 125C.
- Leads: 20awg Tinned Copper
- RoHS Compliant
- Application: Guitar Amplifier, Guitar Tone Control, Vintage Electronics
Starting at $6.50
Capacitors - Orange Drop, 600V, Polyester
Rated for 85°C operation. Polyester film capacitor with radial leads. ± 10% tolerance. Features a long history of proven reliability, a low dissipation factor, excellent stability, and a virtually linear temperature coefficient.
Starting at $0.85
Capacitor - 100V, Polyester Film Inductive
Package of 5Polyester film dielectric, aluminum foil electrode, copperply leads and epoxy resin coating in inductive type.
- Small size, light weight and low cost
- Dissipation factor is small because the leads are directly welded to electrodes
- Epoxy resin vacuum-dipped enhances the mechanical strength, humidity resistance
- 100 volt rating
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to +85°C.
- Package of 5
Starting at $0.35
Capacitor - Orange Drop, 1600V, Polypropylene
Radial lead, polypropylene film capacitor. ± 10% tolerance. Features a long history of proven reliability, a low dissipation factor, excellent stability, and a virtually linear temperature coefficient.
Starting at $1.49