Capacitors are passive devices that are used in almost all electrical circuits for rectification, coupling and tuning. Also known as condensers, a capacitor is simply two electrical conductors separated by an insulating layer called a dielectric. The conductors are usually thin layers of aluminum foil, while the dielectric can be made up of many materials including paper, mylar, polypropylene, ceramic, mica, and even air. Electrolytic capacitors have a dielectric of aluminum oxide which is formed through the application of voltage after the capacitor is assembled. Characteristics of different capacitors are determined by not only the material used for the conductors and dielectric, but also by the thickness and physical spacing of the components.
Capacitors - Orange Drop, 600V, Polyester
Rated for 85°C operation. Polyester film capacitor with radial leads. ± 10% tolerance. Features a long history of proven reliability, a low dissipation factor, excellent stability, and a virtually linear temperature coefficient.
Starting at $0.85
Capacitor - Vishay BC, Ceramic Disc, D Series, Radial Lead
High quality radial-leaded ceramic disc capacitors. These D Series capacitors are produced by Vishay BC, formerly known as Philips / BC. These capacitors have been produced for many years and can be found in a wide variety of vintage equipment. Suggested applications include general purpose use, temperature compensation, coupling, decoupling, and bypassing. Features
- 500VDC Rating
- High capacitance options
- High reliability
Starting at $0.45
Capacitor - Jupiter, Yellow Vintage Tone Capacitors, Polyester, Axial Lead
Jupiter Yellow Vintage Tone Capacitors Aluminum Foil Mylar 1960's Style Build. Modeled after the Yellow Astron and Blue Molded capacitors used in American amplifiers of the 50’s and 60’s. Made in the USA of US-made materials.
- Tone: Very Creamy Break-up.
- Construction: Polyester/Aluminum Foil/Tape Wrap
- Tolerance: +/-10%
- Operating temperature: -55C - 85C, derate 50% at 125C.
- Leads: 20awg Tinned Copper
- RoHS Compliant
- Application: Guitar Amplifier, Guitar Tone Control, Vintage Electronics
Starting at $6.50
Capacitor - 100V, Polyester Film Inductive
Polyester film dielectric, aluminum foil electrode, copperply leads and epoxy resin coating in inductive type.
- Small size, light weight and low cost
- Dissipation factor is small because the leads are directly welded to electrodes
- Epoxy resin vacuum-dipped enhances the mechanical strength, humidity resistance
- 100 volt rating
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to +85°C.
- Package of 5
Starting at $0.40
package of 5
Capacitor - Orange Drop, 1600V, Polypropylene
Radial lead, polypropylene film capacitor. ± 10% tolerance. Features a long history of proven reliability, a low dissipation factor, excellent stability, and a virtually linear temperature coefficient.
Starting at $1.49
Capacitor - Jupiter, Red Astron Capacitors, Tin Foil, Axial Lead
Modeled after the legendary capacitors, the Jupiter Red Astron capacitors have a similar style to the vintage capacitors to give a very authentic tone and look, yet with high reliability and longevity. This phenolic case potted tin foil and mylar capacitor yields a uniquely vintage tone perfect for guitar amplifiers and vintage audio amplifiers alike.
- Construction: Polyester/Tin Foil
- Case: Potted Phenolic Paper
- Tolerance: +/-10%
- Operating temperature: -55C – 85C, derate 50% at 125C.
- Leads: 20AWG Tinned Copper
- Application: Guitar Amplifier, Guitar Tone Control, Vintage Audio Amplifier
- Made in the USA of US-made materials.
Starting at $12.95