Building Vacuum Tube Guitar & Bass Amplifiers, Volume 1
by Tino Zottola
Building your own vacuum tube guitar or bass amplifier from scratch is truly an exciting experience. This book describes the detailed construction of five vacuum tube amplifiers. The construction of these amplifiers is described in full detail with chassis drilling templates, component installation, wire-by-wire hook-ups and schematics. The amplifier projects included in this book are:
- Sonic MA1 (two tube amp, late 1950s design with a solid state rectifier)
- All American 4 (four tube amp, early 1960s design using common radio tubes found in "All American 5" radios made between 1947 and 1971)
- Champ Amp (classic replica of a 1950s Fender amp with a single ended 6v6 output tube)
- Deluxe Amp (classic replica of a 1940s Fender amp with push pull 6V6 tubes)
- Bassman (classic replica of a 1950s Fender amp with push-pull 6l6 tubes)
120 pgs, spiral bound. 0.7 lbs 8.5" x 11".
|Item Height||0.6 in.|
|Item Length||11 in.|
|Item Width||9 in.|
|Page Count||120 pages|
|Packaging Dimensions||11 in. × 9 in. × 0.6 in.|
|Weight (Packaging)||0.6217 lbs.|
My Project Lists
Questions and Answers
Click each question to see its answers.
1 answers do all these amps in this book have the layouts in detail like you all provide with your kits?, and does it really go through step by step where i could follow from a-z with a finished working amp when done?
Asked by Anonymous on January 7th, 2016.
This book is fairly comprehensive but I can't say it's the same as our kit instructions in terms of an A-Z layout. Often with books such as this some level of experience is necessary to complete the project.After looking through the book I can say that if you have a decent handle on electronics this book will be a great resource.
1 answers Is this book just a step by step walkthrough how to assemble these amps or does it cover theory on how the different parts function?
Asked by mrstickshot on February 22nd, 2019.
It has elements of both a step by step walkthrough as well as electronic theory to explain what is happening inside the circuit/amp.
Customers who purchased this item also bought
- Building Vacuum Tube Guitar & Bass Amplifiers, Volume 2
- Building Vacuum Tube Guitar & Bass Amplifiers, Volume 3
- Wire - 20 AWG Solid Core, Lacquered Cloth Cover, 600V
- Electronic Projects for Musicians, A Comprehensive Guide
- DIY Speaker Cabinets for Musical Instrument Applications
- Tube Lore II, A Reference for Users and Collectors, 2nd Edition