Amp Kit - MOD® Kits, MOD101 guitar amplifier
MOD 101 Guitar Amp Kit Features:
- All Tube Design (solid-state diodes used only for full-wave rectification)
- 60W output power into 4, 8, 16 and 20 Ω
- 1 channel with customizable: tone stack, power tubes, negative feedback, input miller capacitance volt divider/LP filter, and preamp cathode bypass cap (all parts included)
- Vintage channel controls: bass, treble and volume
- Vintage pilot lamp and screw-on jewel cover for power-on indication
- DPDT power switch circuit for instant high-voltage drain in power-off
- Standby Switch
- Output Impedance Selector Switch: 4, 8, 16 and 20 Ω
- Tubes included: one 12AX7 (preamp), one 12AT7 (phase inverter), one matched pair of 6L6GCs, EL34s (JJ Electronic brand)
- Hammond Mfg 374BX world power transformer and 1650P push-pull output transformer
- Fixed bias class AB power tube operation with bias pot adjustment
- Point to point hand wiring using terminal strips
- Carbon film resistors
- Mallory coupling caps
- Pre-punched painted steel chassis
- Assembled Kit Weight: 24 lbs.
- Assembled Kit Dimensions: 16" Width x 8" Depth x 8 ⅛" Height
|Item Height||14.25 in.|
|Item Length||18.5 in.|
|Item Width||18.25 in.|
|Output Impedance (Zout)||4, 8, 16, or 20 Ω (selectable)|
|Output Power (POut)||60 W|
|Packaging Dimensions||19 in. × 19 in. × 15 in.|
|Weight (Packaging)||33.3 lbs.|
My Project Lists
Specifications, Files, and Documents
Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
Questions and Answers
Click each question to see its answers.
3 answers Is it easier to do the master volume and shared cathode split when you first build the amp, or is it ok to do those as add-ons after you build the amp
Asked by Anonymous on October 25th, 2015.
This choice would be left up to the builder though I would always suggest that if you have no previous experience, build the kit first to get familiar with everything and then attempt the mods. If you are experienced and comfortable with the schematic, feel free to work the mods in during the build.
Is it better to drill the additional holes for these additions before you start adding the components to the enclosure, or can you drill the holes after the amp is built?
3 answers Would this amp run two 30W Celestion speakers? Or would I need bigger speakers to suit the 60W power of the amp?
Asked by Anonymous on September 10th, 2017.
Running two 30 watt speakers will give you a total of 60 watts. Typically you want your speaker wattage to be greater than the amps wattage. Two Vintage 30's will work but you will want to be careful if you run this amp maxed out as you increase the potential to blow your speakers.
More specifically, the ideal is that the speaker power rating is twice the wattage to accommodate a square wave deep into distortion, so you'd want at least 120 Watt speaker(s). Soooo, 4 30W speakers or some other combination.
It all depends on the long term power rating of the speaker. Anyone can answer whatever they want here, but I have seen speakers rated at 30 watts with a long term power output of 80 watts, with peak power output of over 200 watts. So again, it depends what the manufacturer says about your specific speaker. If they dont say long term power output, call them and ask.
1 answers I purchased the mod101 the screws don't fit right in the chassis holes am looking still going to get a good ground connection? Can I remove some of the paint from the chassis holes the size of the lock washers on the bottom of the chassis?
1 answers Can the Kit - MOD 101 Guitar Amplifier be used as a bass amp? Thank you.
Asked by Anonymous on April 18th, 2017.
The MOD101 can be used as a bass amp though depending on your preference some modification may need to be done to the tone stack. Also, you must take into account that it will be pushing 60 watts so it will still be in the lower wattage bass amp category.
1 answers I'm wondering if this has an FX loop I play a lot of different styles of music and I need an FX loop for most of my effects.
1 answers When might this kit be available for other countries (240v)?
1 answers Hi, What is the output impedance of the secondary of the output transformer for the MOD 101 guitar amp? Is it 6.6K?